The STARS Emergency Contact Centre is a service offered by the STARS Emergency Link Centre (ELC). 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, our team of communication professionals provide live answers and can facilitate your emergency response protocol.
The STARS ECC can provide you with three types of emergency response plan services depending on your organization’s needs:
- Emergency call answer services
- Incident notification and call out services
- Work alone monitoring
Emergency Call Answer Services
Staffed around the clock and using advanced emergency response technologies, our call centre allows us to:
- Respond to multiple calls quickly.
- Provide a consistent answer service.
- Customize an Emergency Response Plan (ERP) notification message to meet the needs of your organization.
- Facilitate your emergency response protocol.
- Use Geographical Information Systems (GIS) mapping technology to confirm an incident location accurately and in real-time.
- Educate and provide outreach for your Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) team and field staff.
Incident Notification and Call Out Services
Our Incident Notification and Call Out service is able to notify an unlimited number of individuals by telephone, email and text messaging of an incident. Our system has the ability to:
- Use pre-recorded messages to provide specific instructions on how call recipients should proceed during an emergency.
- Connect your EH&S team to key stakeholders, emergency response personnel and community leaders through conference calling.
- Provide real-time reports outlining who has been contacted.
Work Alone Monitoring
With over 15 years of experience dealing with industry emergencies in remote locations, our Work Alone Monitoring service provides peace of mind for your organization and your field staff while working in remote or dangerous locations. Our program allows you to:
- Register the location of your employees utilizing the work alone system of your choice.
- Respond to panic alarms and “no motion” notifications.
- Activate your organization’s emergency response protocol when an incident occurs.
- Employ a neighbours helping neighbours philosophy using STARS site registration data – if an incident occurs, the STARS Emergency Link Centre can identify resources available at surrounding industry sites that have been registered using our Remote Site Registration program. These resources may be available to provide immediate medical support until first responders are available to arrive on scene.
- Deploy first responders in the event of a medical emergency.