Text STARS to 45678 to donate $10 and help save lives.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Will the donation appear on my phone bill?
Yes, your donation will be displayed on your phone bill. How it is displayed on your bill depends on which wireless provider you use.
2. How many times can I text $10 to STARS?
You can text STARS to 45678 up to 3 times per month.
3. Will I get charged for text messages received or sent while making a donation?
Thanks to the generosity of Canadian wireless providers, no additional fees will be charged when making a mobile donation.
4. How can I receive a tax receipt?
You can use your phone bill as a tax receipt. Alternatively, you can contact the Mobile Giving Foundation at www.hmgf.ca and request a tax receipt.
5. Why do I get a text message back saying I cannot access this service when I try to submit a donation?
If your phone is on a corporate plan, or if you have requested that your wireless provider disable premium text messaging services, you may not be able to utilize this program. Please contact your wireless provider for further assistance with configuring your account, or consider contacting our Donations team to make a donation through an alternate method.